Oktoberfest St Kilda (Event) Oktoberfest OZ Pty Ltd (Company / Promoter) (“Oktoberfest OZ Pty Ltd, we, us, our”) respects the privacy of the individuals it deals with, and is committed to complying with its obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles (APP) which are contained in the Privacy Act (Cth) 1998.
- Collection of personal information
Oktoberfest OZ Pty Ltd collects personal information about you when you use the Oktoberfest OZ Pty Ltd website http://www.oktoberfest stkilda.com and associated social media sites and ‘Apps’ (the “Sites”). We only collect information which is necessary for us to provide our goods and services to you.
At all times we try to only collect the information we need for the particular function or activity we are carrying out. The main way we collect personal information about you is when you give it to us.
We may collect both anonymous information and personal information through the Sites.
Anonymous information is information that does not identify you. It includes
- analytics information – this is information that we log regarding access and use of the Website, including details of any computer used to access the Website (such as IP address, host and browser type), the date and time of access and details of webpages accessed and information downloaded; and
- profile information, if any – this is information that you provide for your online profile, including your music preferences, entertainment preferences and region.
Personal information is information that could identify you. The personal information we hold may include, for example, your name, contact details such as telephone number, postal address and e-mail address or other information provided by you if you have requested services from us, participated in one of our promotions, or joined our mailing list.
If you are under the age of thirteen (13) years old, you should only submit personal information about yourself with the consent of a parent or guardian.
Use of Information collected
The primary purpose for which we collect personal information is so that we can provide you with our goods and services. Oktoberfest OZ Pty Ltd may also use personal information to send you information about its activities, or about goods or services that it believes may be relevant or useful to you.
Examples of how we may use your information include:
- to provide certain features or functionality or to improve your user experience, for example by suggesting or notifying you of artists appearing at our Festival and displaying information about events that are local to you;
- to enable you to access certain features of the Sites;
- for the purposes of conducting promotions;
- for our own statistical and internal business purposes and to improve the Sites;
- for advertising and business promotion purposes, for example to measure the effectiveness of any advertisements displayed on the Sites.
In other respects, we will only use personal information with your consent, or if we are required or permitted by law to do so. In particular, your information will not be disclosed to any overseas recipients without your prior consent
We utilise cookies from third parties when you visit our website our use our apps.
You can block cookies on your computer, however this may degrade your user experience on the Sites. To find out how to see what cookies have been set and how to reject and delete cookies, please visit http://www.aboutcookies.org.
Oktoberfest OZ Pty Ltd may utilise cookies provided by Google, Inc (“Google”) to help analyse how users use our website. The information generated by these cookies is transmitted to and stored by Google on servers in the United States.
Oktoberfest OZ Pty Ltd may, from time to time, use the following services provide by Google which utilise cookies. These include Google Analytics, Google Remarketing, Google Display Network Impression Reporting and Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting.
To opt-out of analysis by Google Analytics on our website and other websites, please visit http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
To opt-out of personalized ad delivery on the Google content network, please visit Google’s Ads Preferences Manager at http://www.google.com/ads/preferences
We may collect your email and, if you provide it, other contact details when you subscribe to our email list, join our membership lists, or enter our promotions. We only use this information for the purpose that we informed you of at the time that you supplied this information.
There are limited circumstances where we have to disclose your personal information to third parties, including:
- where we are required to by law;
- to third parties to whom we contract out specialised functions (e.g. mailing houses, printing companies and storage servers). If we do disclose personal information to third party contractors under outsourcing or contracting arrangements, we will take steps to ensure that those contractors only use your personal information in order to provide the specific services or to perform the specific functions required by us and store your personal information securely and only for as long as it is necessary to provide the required services or perform the required function; or
- when you authorise us to do so (for example, through your profile settings).
Other than these limited circumstances, we will not disclose your personal information to any third party (including advertisers or other companies) unless you have authorised us to do so.
- Quality of personal information
We take reasonable steps to ensure that the personal information we collect from you is accurate, complete and up to date. These include
- taking care to accurately collect and store the information you provide to us, and
- where possible, we will run update campaigns to refresh the inform that we collect from you, and
- provide you access to check and the quality of your personal information and promptly correct any personal information that you notify us of as being inaccurate.
- Storage and security of personal information
We will take reasonable steps to keep any personal information we hold secure from unauthorised disclosure or access, including:
- restricting access to authorised personnel only and imposing strict requirements of security and confidentiality on all third parties who store the personal information on our behalf as to how they store and handle personal information
- regularly assessing the risk of personal information being accessed or disclosed without authorisation and taking all reasonable measures to mitigate those risks.
You agree that in order for us to provide the Website and any incidental goods and services, we may need to store or transfer your personal information to servers located outside of Australia.
- Accessing and correcting your personal information
We take all reasonable steps to ensure the information it collects from you is accurate, complete and up-to-date. We also takes steps to maintain the security of all personal information provided by you and to prevent misuse or unauthorised access to that information.
Under the Privacy Act (Australian Privacy Principles 12 and 13) you have the right to ask for access to personal information that we hold about you, and ask that we correct that information.
If at any time you wish to access or correct your personal details, please let us know using the contact details below and we will comply with your request. We will ask you to verify your identity before we will disclose the personal information you request or modify that information.
If at any time you do not wish to be notified about goods, services and promotions offered by us, or if you don’t wish to receive any further communications from us, please contact us by send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- How to make a complaint
- How to contact us
PO Box 11048 Frankston, Victoria 3199
- Policy Changes